(See Player Ratings FAQs below flyer)
J&J SPECIAL EVENT LOCKDOWN RATINGS
These ratings were captured on a specific date and are to be used for capped events when needed. Being listed here does not indicate eligibility for any specific event.
What is the date of these ratings?
- The 2023 SPI Las Vegas Tournament ratings were pulled from the NADO ratings page on 11/03/2022.
How are the SPI Las Vegas Tournament player ratings averages calculated?
- The formula used by NADO is PPD + (MPR x 10) when there is valid data in both fields.
- If a player was missing a PPD or MPR stat we used a graduating scale formula to estimate the missing value.
- If you had a duplicate listing then the listing with the highest average was used provided it contained at least 24 games.
- Still duplicates may exist due to name changes, nicknames, spelling, etc. In the case of being listed twice the player must use the highest rating shown.
- We may compare our ratings to other stats and ratings available to us and make adjustments when prudent.
What if my name is not listed?
- A player may not have had 24 '01 games at the time stats were pulled and we pulled them off this list. It is possible that they could still get their required league games in before they register for the event. In this case they would need to contact their league director to have stats manually calculated.
- Any player and their data that existed without a full name were removed before the data was compiled and averages calculated.
- We are not always able to keep up with player name changes.
- If for any reason you feel that your name should be included, please contact our league headquarters so that we can look into this and get you included if eligible.
If a player's name is listed here does that mean they are eligible to compete in the events?
- Not necessarily. Various J&J events that use these ratings may have different league game requirements for eligibility as well as different time frame based on the event in question. Being listed here does not mean they meet an events qualifications. Refer to the specific event information for details.
- Contact our league office or consult the league standings on our website should you have any questions as to a player's eligibility.
- Duplicate names sometimes exist that are in fact two different players. It is the player's/team's responsibility to select the correct ratings for the correct player.
What if I feel that my rating is not calculated correctly?
- First look at the section about how averages are calculated.
- JJVA has multiple league databases. Since some league players exist in more than one of these there are occasionally spelling errors and this could have resulted in duplicate entries, player name removal or various other issues that result in errors.
- Any player and their data that existed without a full name were removed from the JJVA databases before the data was compiled and averages calculated.
- IT IS EVERY PLAYER'S RESPONSIBILITY TO CONFIRM THAT THE AVERAGES LISTED HERE ARE ACCURATE IN THE EVENT THAT A PLAYER EXISTED IN THE DATABASE WITH JUST A PARTIAL NAME, NICKNAME OR INITIALS. WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO ADJUST A PLAYER'S AVERAGE IN THE EVENT THAT DATA WAS EXCLUDED OR OVERLOOKED FOR ANY REASON. THIS MAY RESULT IN A PLAYER OR TEAM BEING MOVED INTO A HIGHER LEVEL OR NOT BEING ALLOWED TO COMPETE.
WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO CHANGE ANY PLAYER'S RATING FOR ANY REASON AT ANY TIME INCLUDING BEFORE, DURING, OR AFTER REGISTRATION OR COMPETITION. THIS INCLUDES: DATA ENTRY ERRORS, MULTIPLE PLAYER LISTINGS, HIGHER STATS AVAILABLE OUTSIDE OF JJVA LEAGUE PROGRAM, OR ANY OTHER REASON. IF A PLAYER FEELS THAT THEIR RATING LISTED HERE IS INACCURATE IT IS THEIR RESPONSIBILITY TO CONTACT US FOR A DETERMINATION AND POSSIBLE CORRECTION. FAILURE TO DO SO COULD RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION FOR A PLAYER AND THEIR TEAMMATE(S).
SPI Vegas Tournament Ratings Notes:
Player ratings can be found above. Click on the Player Ratings links by either name or rating.
Ratings are compiled from historical sources that we can access. We may adjust ratings when we find evidence that higher player ratings exist outside of our regular data.
Qualifying league games and matches are not listed there. It is the players responsibility to ensure that they have the required number of league games or matches by the deadline dates for the event. Being listed does not indicate that the player has met the specific event eligibility requirements. If a player's name is listed more than once, the highest rating must be used.
If your name is not listed and you feel you may be eligible for this event, you must contact your league director so that we can research your stats and provide an appropriate rating as well as check on your total game or match count. Additionally, many players will be listed that are ineligible as they have not completed the necessary matches in eligible leagues in the SPI market. Only SPI Market leagues/remote leagues will be eligible toward this program or event.